The blog has now moved!

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Family Holiday - Thursday

I got up at 0730. The reason was that at about 0815 we left for Somerset for my Nan and Grandad's. We got there and I got another bit of money for some stuff (It's going towards a server and possibly some speakers). My Uncle and Cousins arrived (more money) and we made lots of jokes. The subject of these jokes shall be today's story. Nana Duck Due to being rather stupid at the age of 3 (Family Response: Not much has changed) I used to call this Nana, "Nana Quack Quack". This is because she lives on a farm and had lots of ducks. My Mum decided that 'Nana Duck' was slightly more dignified and a better choice so it was used. Nana Duck (and Grandad Duck) had two children. My Dad and Uncle Brett. She won't admit it to us but she's very proud of them. Hence every time we go down there to visit we make fun of her and it is here that I get my sense of humour from. The ceiling at the farm are low, they look like they're designed for really short people. To increase the problem Nana Duck hangs Christmas decorations very low. When we got there we spent 5 minutes pretending to strangle outselves on them, knock them down. After that we spent 5 minutes rearranging them. When my Uncle and is children arrived it really got funny. Dinner was an excellent affair. Nana Duck managed to 'miss count' the number of people and not make enough Yorkshire puddings (everything else was fine...). The adults therefore didn't get any and they made lots of fun of her for that. Before we left she mentioned that she reads my blog and that she tries to talk to me telepathically and she hopes I can hear her. I don't think she needs to go into a home yet, but the time is approaching fast....

Squeeking Brakes We had a long drive back and the wheel squeeks on the family car. It's a loud squeek as well. Annoyance Factor - 7 Weirdness Factor - 5 Volume Factor - 8 Ease of Creation - 4 Average - 6

2 comments:

Mum said...

Nana will be after your tail when she reads this entry :)

Brett Jordan said...

Hi Teifion, I told nana to read your entry for today... you may want to emigrate :-)