The blog has now moved!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Somewhat better - Wednesday

I got up, got to my exam quite on time and it went quite well. The stuff I revised a lot didn't come up and the stuff I revised less did come up, however, I answered all the questions and should have passed the unit (hopefully with a good mark). I walked home, played a little Wacraft 3 and my Parents arrived. Gethin was going for an open day at Portsmouth and so I was going to accompany him while my parents did something else. They brought Toffee Squares, infact, there are still a lot of Toffee Squares left and I'm not sure if I should find some people to share them with or eat them all myself. Currently the latter option is looking (and so far, tasting) the best. Anyway, the open day. It started with sitting around in a room full of people on lots of different tables. We sat next to a Gentleman I never got the name of and a Lady who's name tag said Abigail so I'm assuming that's her name. They had gotten there for 9 in the morning and already had their interview. They were really unsure about a load of things to do with Portsmouth and when they found out that I was a student there, they asked me a load of questions and seemed really happy to have met me. Normally on Open Days I'm one of the people in dark lilac t-shirts, as I was playing the role of guest it made me notice certain little things that my department might not be doing as well. First was a talk about the department and housing and finance. The talk on the department would have probably been semi-interesting if I were studying the course. The talks from finance and housing were not too bad but contained a lot of things prospective students don't care about (but parents do). Then there was a tour of the halls where we visited Harry Law and it conformed to every single tale of how horrible it was (okay, not all, just most, we never met the rugby team). We then sat down some more. We then had a coach tour which really told me very little about what I'd want to know if I were coming here. After Gethin went for an interview (and came back) my parents picked us up, dropped me home with some food and then left. I note that on the open day, the only student I saw was myself. I played a lot of Warcraft 3 with Coel and then went to bed. Today, I wore a smart shirt. My Dad said it might help me get freebies. It turns out that the "free food" budget for this department is somewhat less than that of the ECE one. What does this tell you about the ECE department?

0 comments: