The blog has now moved!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Late and an Early night - Saturday

Friday involved a very nice lie in, then I got up, did some revision for an exam. The exam itself was very boring and everybody (I kid you not, everybody had their pen and paper on the desk) was done in ten minutes. So, I prayed for some of it and dozed for the rest. I walked home and relaxed. I played some Warcraft 3 and then went to a very late night Prayer Meeting that lasted until 0040 on Saturday, I was very tired when I got home. So, I got up very late today and spent the second half of the day playing Warcraft 3 with Peter. Peter has played a few games offline with myself and Gareth and today we rigged the router to allow me to host games, that meant we could play as we wished online. We played a map called DOTA. Each player has a hero and fights on the side of one of two teams. Each of the main teams creates units that they throw at the other. To win the game you have to destroy a specific structure of the enemy, there are many ways to get into a position where you are strong enough to do this. The first is to guard your troops and use them to support your assault on the base, the other is to kill their player characters so many times that you're just too powerful for them to stop. Usually it's a mix of both, though, I have several times seen people kill the other heroes so many times they can waltz all over the place. Today I saw the opposite. Myself and Pete died quite a few times, infact, it's a huge number of times and killed them only once. We still won. Yes, we worked as a team and stayed positive, they neglected to support their troops at key stages of the game and because of that and some clever tactics we won. Note, Pete got our kill, I never managed to do more than scratch one of their heroes. This pattern repeated itself throughout the day, most of the time with better hero-kill ratios for us. We lost one game, and that was against Coel and Zak. Here is the picture at the end of the game showing our scores at various things, myself and pete are on the left. If you're interested, note the difference in Creep Kills (they are the main source of gold normally) and also Total Kills (refers only to Heroes) where they outclass us quite well. Each Hero kill got them the equivalent of about 8 Creep kills and forced us to wait until we were resurrected, it also lost us gold. Here is the replay file, it was played on DOTA 6.40 which is available here.

0 comments: