The blog has now moved!

Friday, March 16, 2007

Vastly Better

Yeah, there's a definite pattern to my life the last week. Yesterday was atrocious, today wasn't so bad. I'd not say it was good, it is however filled with promise. But firstly, a story of something that happened yesterday that I forgot about, it was while myself and Gareth were shopping. On the way back to our house we were accosted (by we I mean myself) by a phone salesman. Here's the rough conversation. Hello! What type of phone do you have and how much do you use it? Trust me, you're not going to want to know I do *pulls out phone that's older than anybody else's* Oookay, that is some phone, how much do you use it *gazing into the sky to help memory* - Ummm, last year my parents put £15 on it, I've not topped it up since then, no wait, a year and a third *look of confidence starts to vanish* - How do you keep in contact with them? Email, blog, the internet Wouldn't you like to text or call them? No What about Girlfriends? Don't you want to call them? No *despair sets in* - Okay, I don't think we've got a plan that covers you... Teifion 1 - Phone salesman 0 Anyway, on with today. I got up nice and early for my Haskell test. I got 68%, that's a lot more than most other people got, heck, I think I talked to two people that failed it. I went home and played some Warcraft 3 and bit of WoA then got a phone call. It was from HP. Here's roughly how it went. Hello Teifion speaking, how can I help you? Hi this is X from HP, how are you? I'm not feeling great, I've had a cold for the last week and yesterday was informed that I was not getting a placement at one of the companies I applied to, yourself? *in a slightly less cheerful tone* - I'm not too bad, at least it's probably sunny there right? Actually, it is Excellent, and I think your day is about to get better! Oh? Do tell HP would like to interview you Awesome! It's at Newcastle Okay At 1030 in the morning I'm at Portsmouth That's okay, we'll pay Travel expenses Not too bad at all then, thank you very much Happy to make your day better For those that are either not British or have the same grasp of Geography as a crazed watermelon (so just a bit better than mine), Newcastle is a long way away from Portsmouth. Specifically it's quite likely 6 hours on the train. I'll probably be getting down there for Monday, staying over in a Travel Lodge then getting back sometime after the interview. So, I did a bit more DotA and then thought to myself "all that Java that I was going to leave until Monday and Tuesday I might need to do now...." so I did a load of that and got some of the GUI working properly. I reckon that it's easily a pass mark like it is, when I add the rest I hope to achieve a lot more than just a pass. Some of you might have noticed that a someone from Addicted to your Blog posted a comment. I asked them for some tips on improving my blog as they've probably read more than most people. They suggested that I add some bright colours. I like blue so I figured I'd start with that, yay or nay? I'll change the colour every day and you can vote via Comments. Just incase you didn't figure, I would love for prayer for both the trip and interview.

2 comments:

Brett Jordan said...

hope the trip, and the interview, go well teifion

your ever-luvvin' uncle brett

ps: hate the light blue background :-)

Emz said...

You'll be in my prayers :)

And the light blue background looks quite nice, just don't go for anything too bright when you change it, I like my vision.