The blog has now moved!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Programming is good for you

Yes, it's true. Well, it's true for me anyway. Yesterday I did a lot of programming, today... I got up and went to see David Ndzi (one of the lecturers at Uni) about a web based thing he wanted me to do. I got the first set of requirements and decided to have a go at it. In between bouts of Warcraft 3 and WoA, I've gotten it working. It's simply a page that lets you register a lot of details, no, there's nothing really amazing (except that it's the first time I've ever actually handled logging in to do things). Today hasn't been so bad, HP think there will be an interview late next week, they've yet to give me an actual day or time, when they do I plan to ask if it can be in the afternoon if possible. Incidentally, I've been using this little calculator thing, previously I've had a calculator on my Dashboard (this cool thing that Mac users get which holds a load of small but normally useful applications), this was pretty fast. However, Calq is faster still, I just hit Cmd + Shift + C and a calculator window appears where I can type stuff in, hit Cmd + C and it'll not only copy it to the clipboard but also hide the calculator right away! This very Mac-esq freeware even has a Windows version, it's really great and I strongly recommend it for anybody that thinks they may want to do some mostly simple maths at some point when using their computer.

7 comments:

Sammy Davies said...

Hey Teif,

apologies, I've not read in a while. Don't really know why...actually I do, It's cos the old format was too hard for me to read (stupid different functioning brain) But I am loving this new format. Good Job.

Anyway, i find your programming stories quite interesting so don't always go putting them down.

When are you back for Easter?

Teifion said...

I'm heading back on the 31st, I should be in Church on the 1st of April.

Emz said...

Uh oh, seeing you on April Fools Day can't be a good thing...

sparkly shoes said...

hey hey mr t
how does about half six at vueon saturday sound (then you and lawrence can go see 300 while me and charlie go see becoming jane and there'll only be waiting of ten mins at the end - almost perfect?)
let me know
see you soon
Shoes

Teifion said...

I'm sure I'll have something planned ;)

I'm going to be non-free on Saturday sorry Milady Shoes. Huw and myself might see it tonight, might not. Is Lawrence wanting to come along if we do?

Anonymous said...

Haha, I break up a week earlier and go back a week later! Woooooo

Sammy Davies said...

I agree with anonymous, Charlotte will have been back for two weeks by the time you get here. Unlucky