The blog has now moved!

Friday, March 23, 2007

Much better

Yes, my day was great. It didn't start too well, Group Project is boring and I don't like it. The Software Systems lecture wasn't nearly as bad, afterwards I talked to Martin Cripps about Mac stuff for ten minutes and saw some of the very old pre OSX applications he made. Gareth and myself went to Tesco and then went home for some Warcraft 3. Now for the good part. I have long loved the game "Total Annihilation". It's a great strategy game and I played it a LOT. Sadly it doesn't work on my current computer or I'd be playing it still. Supreme Commander is pretty much the sequel to TA. Gareth has a demo of SC on his computer and let me play it. I love it (particuarly the big bad mega units) however, I feel it doesn't live up to TA. The other bad news is that I have no idea if it's going to come out for the Mac. I was entertaining the idea that I'd get Windows just to play SC, however, it's just not good enough to warrant running Windows solely for it. So far the day has clearly not been that great has it? I have to agree, if that were my day I'd be saying my day were simply "Okay". As it is however, myself, Gareth, Huw, Ollie, Greg and Lawrence went to see 300. 300 is basically about a small group of Spartan Warriors against an army of Persian men. It's about an hour and a half long and is pretty much a very big fight. I really liked it. It rocked, it was incredible and I might be seeing it again this Saturday with some other people. Yes, it's that good. I suppose I should explain how often I go to the cinema. Hardly Ever. It's got some naff bits, but they're few and far between. And they do actually contribute to the storyline. I'd not advise going to see it for the storyline, but I think you saw that coming. It's very gory and violent, needlessly so sometimes.

2 comments:

Sammy Davies said...

I saw Hot fuzz last night and it was excellent. The trailer for 300 was the only one i was interested in and i can;t wait to see it. Its actually based on a true story (i mean 300 Spartans did kick Persian ass for about 6 months or something)

Anyway, it looks brilliant, thanks for the positive review

Teifion said...

300 is indeed based very closely on true events, much more so than most other films. It deviates a little but ultimately I felt it wasn't too bad (though some of the numbers are a little off).

The whole thing is very well done and well worth watching.