The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sorry for the Delay - Monday

Friday involved some Warcraft 3, packing and playing around with my new computer. Saturday I travelled to Portsmouth. My plan was to amuse myself on the train by watching one or more movies. However, that was scuppered when I met a friend of mine from Secondary School called Thomas. He took a year out and is now studying Paleontology here at Portsmouth. So we talked for a while, played some 2 player games on the computer and then watched Ice Age 2. The computer battery is very very good and it would have lasted a whole trip watching a film, playing games required processor power so not so long. I got back quite okay and sat down for the night to watch the Incredibles and Lord of War. Sunday was somewhat more interesting. I first walked Becca to Eastney, on the way collecting SiƤn and Ceryn. The morning service was about the Magi and Jon used the pun that it was the first Star - Trek. I think I'll have to put it on a par with my Dad's poor jokes. The Hackers very kindly invited myself and some students back for Lunch, it was really nice and I would have liked to have stayed for longer after lunch but had to leave to do some work. I got some work done and also played some games. I then walked the ladies from their respective homes to Church, we also brought Lauren along this time (I'm not trying to imply that she's not a lady). That night I spent a little longer playing games than planned and so forgot to blog. Today was a very interesting day. Firstly I got to my lab quite on time, then I found out that I had the following deadlines. Exam this Wednesday (Almost nobody knew it was this Wednesday) Java hand in on the 17th (next Wednesday) Professional Practice hand in on the 17th Digital Coursework marking on the 17th This is not actually as bad as it sounds. For a start the exam I have on Wednesday is one of 4, I've had two of them (or maybe that marked lab counted as one, I'm not sure). In my first exam I didn't do too well, about 45% to my memory. However, the mark I received 80% from the last test. The Java program today started as something that allowed me to hard-code some moves and displayed a very basic board. It now displays a much better board, allows you to make moves and enforces most of the rules. It still needs castling, checkmate, check and also networking. In the evening the CU all went to the pub, there I played a very tough game of Chess against Dan, I won by a slim margin. I talked a lot to Huw about WoA, I'll not be doing much to do with WoA for the next week and a bit as I've got a lot of work. I got back, blogged and went to bed.

2 comments:

Brett Jordan said...

Hi Teifion

Re. the Star Trek joke, I think I ought to speak up on behalf of your dad... as someone who has known him since he was born, I can honestly say that ALL of his jokes are MUCH worse than that.

your ever-luvvin' uncle brett

Sammy Davies said...

Hey Teif,

sorry i didn't see you before you got back, was enjoying myself too much with charlotte :)

anyway, i hope you had a nice break and that you have an awesome term. Keep up the blogging, studying and sharing the good news.

Samwel