The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Zooming around - Tuesday

Monday wasn't incredible, I did mostly WoA type stuff, some programming and in the evening we played Poker (no real Money) as a family. It was a nice day and I also did very well at Counter Strike. Today I woke up as usual around 0900ish, as usual I had no real desire to get out of bed. This changed rather abruptly when I was told that my new computer had arrived. Well, I was downstairs so fast that I got laughed at (actually, doing most things in my family will get you laughed at, you just gotta live with it). The new computer had indeed arrived and it's very nice. To put it simply, the one I had been using (which shall be referred to as the 12") was a nice computer, it did what I needed it too and only took about 15 seconds to boot up my MSN and Firefox, maybe a little longer if iTunes was playing music. This new one (which shall be called the Macbook) boots up MSN, Firefox and iTunes instantly. Better yet, it has a working DVD Drive and so while I am MSNing and WoAing, it's ripping DVDs to the Hard Drive (converting them from the DVD to the Computer itself), better yet, the Hard Drive is 4 times the size of my old one. It gets better. I now have a built in web-cam, so I can run a 2nd MSN client with webcam support alongside what's already happening and also play Flash Games. Before, running nothing but Firefox I could play a certain Flash Game, minimum settings at about 5fps, now it barely dips below 30 on maximum settings. As I type I've finally found a way to push both Processor Activity bars up to 100%. I'm converting 2 movies into new formats because the format they're currently in doesn't play properly. Dinner was very nice and involved me eating a stick of Broccoli and a Brussel Sprout. Overall, it was a very good day for all. Well, all but the Brussel Sprout and Broccoli stick.

2 comments:

Brett Jordan said...

Hi teifion

glad you're pleased with your new 'Book... good to see that you haven't used it for anything remotely close to your course work yet :=)

your ever-luvvin' uncle brett

Teifion said...

My Coursework is really not very processor intensive, why'd I want to use it for that until I have to?