The blog has now moved!

Monday, July 02, 2007

What it's like in my house

Well, with one thing or another I've forgotten to blog. Firstly, my house is inhabited by Coel, Gethin, Brecon, Cerys, Mum, Dad and Taz (Cat).

Coel is home all the time as he's finished his first year of Uni, Gethin is also home having done all his A Level exams. Brecon and Cerys attend school so are missing for the middle of each day. My Mum is also home all day while my Dad has recently started his new job.

I sit in a room on my own using my computer most of the day. Apparently thats a bit "sad" or "boring". Well, I worked on my CV today so hopefully that doesn't count as either of the above two (I found it a little boring).

Additionally, no matter how old we are, we still manage to act like infants. Take Coel for example, today he had scrambled egg on toast and brought in some brown sause from the kitchen to put on it. We found brown sauce on the floor, walls, door, Coel's elbow and sleeve. We're not sure if he got any on the plate but we all laughed at him a lot.

My music tastes are a little "odd", I like a wide range of music yet I also only like a few bands from each part of it. People will say "hey, you like so and so, odds are you'd like this group" and despite them sounding fairly similar, I don't. It's really odd. Recently I've been listening to Dance music. Is it sad and boring that I don't dance to it?

4 comments:

Emz said...

Wouldn't say it's sad, I think it's just called that because it's one of the only genres to have a fast enough beat to play at nightclubs or something.

Come to think of it, where do most genres get their names from? Some don't make much sense with regards to origin - Heavy Metal? o.O

Never actually thought about the sense behind it until now.

Brett Jordan said...

There are various theories about where the term comes from, however, many people think it comes from Steppenwolf's 1968 release, Born to be Wild, the second verse opens with...

I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under

(if you've ever had to sit through never ending story iii, it's the song that the tricycle-riding rock biter enters to!)

hope that helps

teifion's ever-luvvin' uncle brett

Emz said...

Aah, ok, maybe it is that then :D

Kinda makes sense now, thanks :)

And yes, I've seen that film, many years ago :P

Teifion said...

Your knowledge of music continues to amaze and astound me.