The blog has now moved!

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Blogger isn't letting me put a proper title on this post...

Today I mowed out the front of the house again. First off, I found a hedgehog. It made something crossed between a grunt, a sniffle, a snore and a snort. I sprinted back to the house (it was a good 100 - 150m away) and returned with a Camera and Cycling Gloves (you'd be surprised how thick they are). Suffice to say he was a prickly customer and even through the gloves it was quite possible to feel the spines! I got some nice pictures of him.

All the pictures are larger than my screen so there's a chance they're larger than yours. The best way to get them is to right click on them and select "save image as" or "download image as" depending on what browser you use.

Normally I'd put up thumbnails but there's a lot of pictures and the thumbnails tend to take up a lot of space on the blog. As such I've got a list.
- When I found it
- Close up, just before it curls into a ball
- Distance shot of it sitting in grass
- In a ball after being rolled onto it's back
- Sniffing gingerly at the plate on which we put some cat-food
- Closer up version of the previous
- It's thinking about making a break for it after deciding cat-food wasn't good enough

A bit later I found a frog. It took be about two minutes to actually catch the thing and then it leapt out my hands again, I managed to get it slightly faster the 2nd time and then got my Dad to take some pictures. Warning, they're pretty big pictures. Also, someone that studied physics fancies themselves as a wildlife expert and reckons it's a toad. On general principles I will both disagree and compromise with them.
- Me holding the Tog
- Close up of the Froad

My Sister managed to find a Newt so we got some pictures of that.
- Good overall picture of it in my sister's hands
- It makes a break for freedom
- What you'd think is a shot taken just before the last
- Newt on the palm of my sister's hand
- Close up of the Newt's head
- Close up of the whole newt
- Newt crawling over my finger
- Closeup Newt in the palm of my hand
- Newt in a (muddy) white bucket thing with water, again, it's first response was to try to escape

We released all the animals into their preferred environment after taking the pictures.

3 comments:

Mum said...

"We released all the animals into their preferred environment after taking the pictures."

.....actually you know that delicious curry you ate last night?.......

Brett Jordan said...

and you thought it was just your DAD who was evil teifion!

your ever-luvvin' uncle brett

Teifion said...

Yes, I realised I cannot trust either parent.