The blog has now moved!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Two new sports

I got up very early considering the time I got to bed last night. I walked to Becca's Halls and then accompanied Becca and Luke to church, acquiring Siän on the way. The service did not (to my memory) contain a specific point which I found a bit off-putting. After the service myself, Brierley, Siän, Lizzie, Becca, Luke and Phil went to Amanda's for a Roast Dinner. During lunch Becca introduced a "Man Points" system. I'm not quite sure how Becca would describe it, however, from my understanding here is how it works. - If you do something nice you get a point - If you make a mistake doing it you lose 3 - If you fail to do something you should you lose between 3 and 10 points - If you do something silly you lose at least 10 - Sometimes points will be deducted on general principles which have no real reason Shortly after I sussed out how the scoring worked I figured if I were to aim for a high-score, I should aim for a negative one. A great tale of logic is also to be had at this lunch. Some of the ladies were surprised that I managed only a single Potato and single Chicken leg. I believe that even the ladies ate more than me, well, at some point Lizzie said "You need to eat more". After the customary twisting of words and asking her why she thinks I'd look better fat it was somehow mentioned (by me) that I have never actually cooked a potato, I might have been mentioning the Potato theory at the time. Rather than accepting the fact and just moving on, I was questioned "How can you never have cooked a Potato?" So, I will now attempt to explain it, for some reason my overly simple diagram still didn't explain it clearly to all of them (most Economics students are fairly smart, some are clearly not).

Brierley has cooked Potatoes, therefore she can cook Potatoes or "cooks Potatoes" if you wish to express it so I have not cooked Potatoes, therefore I may or may not be able to cook them or "does not cook Potatoes" if explained so
Lizzie and Siän went to Asda to get some Wine (probably to help deal with all the stress I cause) and I got some pegs before going home. On the way to Asda, I thought about how much I appreciate home meals, they're easy to take for granted when you're at home yet when you have to cook for yourself it's a big thing and so I'm taking this opportunity to say thank you to both my Mum and Dad for all the food they cook for me and also all the support with any other endeavor I make. Thank you. Now for the first of the two sports. It's called Pegging, I went to a birthday party and took 8 pegs with me. The objective is to attach as many common clothes pegs to someone as possible without them realising. Becca was an easy target, Jo was easier, Greg quite easy, Siän however proved a challenge, she was (justifiably) paranoid about me pegging her. However, I managed to get her by making her think I had just one peg and attaching that to Lizzie as she walked past. Before I left I made sure to get Becca again (she felt it was a very fun sport and so I feel she's a very good target). Now for the second sport, I just came up with it. During the course of a day (if not, at least a given time period where you will see people such as "when down the pub") you must try to use each adjective no more than once. It's rather hard but I am trying to do it here, I'd not be surprised if I failed.

0 comments: