The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Maybe I should do some work?

Today (yes, I'm missing out yesterday) I decided that seeing as my Java project was due in in about 3 weeks (I've been putting it off for a little too long) I should at least think about which of the three options I'd take. - The first was a "chat" program. Well, after the chess game, I hate Java and Networking (at least for now, it's probably because I couldn't understand it at the time) and so don't want to do that. - The second is a game called "breakout". I asked Ioannis how hard it'd be and he said it'd be really hard because Animation in Java is really hard. - The third is a "Customer Database System", it's also a 4 man project (apparently). Tempted as I was to do #3 I decided to do #2. Having no idea how to perform animation in Java or respond to input I was not enthusiastic about it. Thankfully, the first Sun Java tutorial page told me all I needed and even gave me a load of code to start with. Over the course of about 6 hours, I have expanded somewhat upon the code that Sun have on their website to produce something that should get me a pass. I am of course going to be ensuring a First in this Coursework so will be improving it. You can get a copy of V0.1 here. Incidentally, animation in Java is just as easy as in REALBasic, I was very much "at home" as it were in writing most of it.

2 comments:

Sammy Davies said...

You lie Teifion. I tried to download it and it told me this

"Sorry to tell you but /blog/BreakoutV01.zip is not on this server, please tell Teifion about it when you can. "

Sort it.

Teifion said...

http://woarl.com/pages/blog/BreakoutV01.zip - that's the correct link, sorry about that.