The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Missed a beat - Tuesday

Monday involved very little that was overly interesting. Actually, that's not quite true. The lectures were okay, CU was very good. We had Michael Otts speaking (he was at the House Party and will be at Mission Week). I also had to setup almost all the sound on my own. I got most of it working too! At the Pub I lost against Ryo and India in a game of "Carrom Men" or something like that, it's basically snooker with your fingers, the balls are replaced by disks and if you're not careful, it can really sting your nail. After the Pub I played some Warcraft 3 with Gareth, it's great fun playing with a friend and playing simply to have fun. Better is when a small group of you play online for fun and laugh about everything. I think I'll have to get Ryo over again some time. Today was quite good. The lecturing stuff was a bit naff but it has to be done. I got home and watched Ong Bak and Hero. Two chinese films. Hero is like Crouching Tiger hidden Dragon in it's methods, it also has a very good plotline. From what I can remember of CTHD, it did not. Ong Bak's storyline is not incredible but it's a very good film action wise, the stunts and fight scenes are expertly done. At Jo and Lizzie's house tonight was a Pancake evening or something. I cooked some Palmiers and went over. All but three of the Palmiers vanished and everybody had a good time (I'm noticing a link between Teifion cooking and people having a good time). I've been learning more Objective C and I like it, tomorrow is a Rep Meeting Faculty thing, I'm sure it'll be fun. Incidentally, the lady I picked up was Lorna, she didn't weigh too much. Well done to Luke, Steven and (sort of) Emma for guessing the fact that I'd meant it literally.

0 comments: